Fall Tips & Tricks
GMS wants to provide you with as many helpful tips and tricks of the trade to allow you to have a healthy, beautiful property for years to come. We also want to keep the work to a minimum to reserve your free time.
Here are a few helpful hints to help your property prepare for the fall and winter seasons and allow for an excellent spring:
- Remove all dead flowers and branches from your plants throughout the landscape.
- Install Malorganite to all planting bed areas.
- Install slow release fertilizer plugs to all trees.
- Water all plants once per week for the remainder of the season, if no rain occurs.
- Prune plants to a smaller size to accommodate stressed root systems. This is called rejuvenation pruning.
- Wait to aerate lawn till the end of the season.
- Fertilize the lawn with a slow release fertilizer.
- Remove all weeds from planting bed areas and especially the base of each plant.
- Add mulch to areas around plants and tree.
For more information on these tips or any other questions you may have, please call 262-784-8219.
Thanks for all your support and don't forget to take time to smell the flowers.
<<-- Back to List
Email to a friend